Job Title: Engineering Technician Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Plant Manager____________________ Department: Engineering
Engineering Technician will be responsible for maintenance and repair of all production equipment and support equipment for the facility. This position will work closely with engineers and project managers on various mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing projects and is accountable for the completion of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision. The Engineering Technician works in a team environment to ensure that the facility and production equipment is maintained in a condition of operating excellence, responding quickly to maintenance requests and personally ensures a timely repair is completed. This position communicates effectively and interacts positively with staff members and other department personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform repairs and maintenance on all electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment.
- Install, service, maintain, upgrade, and modify machine tools and process equipment as needed.
- Implement process and equipment improvements that will increase equipment reliability, process capabilities, and improve product quality.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment at all times. Understand safety procedures as required by the company.
- Apply sound engineering practices towards the completion of improvement projects.
- Identify problems and be able to correct them in a timely manner. Utilize Root Cause Analysis methods to problem solve process performance issues.
- Provide technical support of machines to the Production Team.
- Trouble shoot product performance or quality issues as needed.
- Build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others both internal and external.
- Work with Engineering team, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and other organizations to analyze and make recommendations on equipment design requirements, capability and improvements.
- Order parts, get quotes, write purchase orders and interact with vendors as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- A.A in Engineering technology or similar field and/or 3+ years of related mechanical and electrical maintenance experience preferred or a combination of education and experience
- Mechanical and electrical integration, assembly and experience troubleshooting complex electrical mechanical and electronic systems
- Experience with MS Office
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic engineering knowledge: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Creative and resourceful problem solver
- Ability to work competently independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time; good organizational skills
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
Physical Requirement, Work Environment and Travel:
White performing the duties of this job, this employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, squat, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp tools, climb ladders, bend twist at the neck and trunk. Moderate to heavy lifting is frequently required.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Local travel is required.